Friday 28 August 2009

Férias

That's it! I've had enough! Enough of this miserable excuse for a summer.

We were promised a barbecue summer by Met Office experts (although they later claimed this line came from its press office only), but it has turned out to be only marginally better than the last two washouts.

So much for the so-called 'staycation' in which Britons have gone on holiday here due to the credit crunch and the false promise of sunshine.

I'm off to the warmer climes on holiday, or férias as the Portuguese call it.

I'm escaping for nine days to Albufeira on the Algarve with some friends to soak up the rays and make an attempt to match the average consumption of alcohol by a Briton abroad on holiday.

I think I've made the right choice. The forecast for Albufeira looks a lot better than another unsettled bank holiday weekend here.

I'm back on September 7th from when I hope to update this blog on a more regular basis.

I know it's a promise which you have heard before from me but I really will need something to do when the nights draw in and the weather gets even colder.

Bye for now,
The Intrepid Reporter.

1 comment:

  1. I am regular to check every post of this blog as well as its other supportive and knowledgeable informative blog post. I appreciate efforts of owner to deliver such valuable information to people. Algarve Watersports

    ReplyDelete